Friday, July 18, 2008

In Which: the librarian snaps and drives

What happens when someone decides to take pictures while driving - literally?


I started taking pictures in Minnesota on my way to Montana. Who can resist a giant Grain Belt bottlecap sign? On the Hennepin Av bridge over the Mississippi:


Typical midwest scene, still in Minnesota:


Minnesota, land of 10,000 lakes. Here's one:


I took a lot of pictures of North Dakota. Most of them looked like this:

Ever wanted to be Home on the Range? It's one of the last towns in ND before you hit MT on I94:


In Montana now, Yellowstone River from a rest area (ok, I'm not actually driving in this picture, but it keeps the westward flow)

Being a librarian, I couldn't resist this:

They'll put a Ron Paul sign anywhere. I especially like this picture because of the Salted Nut Roll reflection in the windshield.

When I come over Ravalli hill and see the Mission Mountains, I am always impressed. I've taken pictures of this view countless times:


Getting closer to Fatty Kitty - driving into Polson from the south and the view of Flathead Lake:


Well. That was rather self-indulgent. But hey, I'm Fatty Kitty's librarian, and apparently now, his student in the school of attitude. Besides, now that I'm home, he's going to take the blog back anyway, and I'll become merely a backdrop for his self-aggrandizing remarks...unless, of course, he's hungry or itchy.

posted by the librarian

1 comment:

abigail said...

Dear Fatty Kitty,
How is your trip going? This was your first day and I hope it went well.
Love,
AbbietheKitty