Thursday, July 3, 2008

In Which: the librarian gets a card

Not just any old card; a library card. I love how the Minneapolis Public Library System acronym and the abbreviation for Minneapolis are the same: MPLS. Now I can put books on hold, and use the computers, and otherwise mess around in the library.

This room upstairs has new fiction, mysteries, and some other stuff I haven't looked at yet. The circular staircase is now gone - since 2001 said the librarian, but I swear I was just on it last year. He was about my age, so I suspect his memory as much as I suspect mine.

Dad and I have a plan to go downtown and get a look at the new Central library sometime.


Meanwhile, here is how I'm getting around these days:

Jon leaves this bike in Mom and Dad's garage for visitors to use. Today I rode around Lake Harriet.

This is actually the walking path, but you get the idea. It really wasn't too crowded considering it's the Fourth of July. Later, Jon and E came over and we played cards. I lost both games, as usual. Ah, well, there's always next time.
posted by the librarian


No comments: