Friday, August 29, 2008

In Which: the librarian gets carried away at the Minnesota State Fair

The Minnesota State Fair, from what I've heard via human media outlets, is an event which is packed with humans getting sunburns, walking walking walking endlessly on crowded streets in search of food on a stick. The librarian made her plans on the internet. She was amazed to find a daily checklist of events from which she could pick and choose, and then command the computer to print her a personal PDF of things she wanted to do at the fair. Such are the things that make her happy and excited...I was hoping for a can of tuna, myself.

So she went, last Monday. She picked this day partly because she could watch the stock dog trials. It's about time that dogs went on trial! All that tailwagging and panting. Harumph! I hope justice was served!

Otherwise, she seemed to spend her time in some strange ways...lots of it centered around food she might eat,

food she wasn't allowed to eat, 
 
and food she actually did eat (in this case, tater tots with onions, cheese and bacon, on a stick of course!
 
And she really walked around the fair like this (but she wasn't the only one):

only because she couldn't find out where people were getting the pickle hats.
She has a couple of extras, so if you're dying to have your own Minnesota State Capital hat, or a pair of "fireworks sunglasses," give her a yell, as the sailor says.
And if you think I'm miffed that I didn't get to go, then you don't know your Fatty Kitty.  Crowds and heat are not my thing.  However, that walleye on a stick....

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I know those pickle hats are great. I think they were at the Gedneys booth but who knows where that is? Not me. However if you have an extra fireworks glasses I would love that.
Did you know that Jim went to Beer School at the fair. Beer School by Budwieser. They didn't have beer on a stick but they did have it in a bottle. And free too.
Love,
Nancy

Mary Drew said...

Beer School! If there had been a beer school I would have gone on that day!