Saturday, February 9, 2008

In Which: Fatty Kitty Wakes Up and Does Yoga

Greetings, librarian-types. I apologise (yawwwn) for falling asleep for so long. I woke up for a little while. And while I did, I did a little messing about with Flickr. I will preview my account for you, called (naturally) Fatty Kitty's Flickr, over on the right there, with my Flickr Badge. Clever, no?

All right. Prepare to be amazed. I will preview my yoga exercises - that's asanas for those in the know. And that would be you, O Librarians, wouldn't it?

I call this pose Rolling Furball of Thunder. Don't you think it is apt?


Next we have Dust Bunny. In this pose I lie quite still, with occasional twitches. Try to breathe deeply and not pant. No panting. (This is why dogs aren't very good at yoga, Downward Dog notwithstanding.)

Here I am doing an excellent rendition of the pose, Courageous Kitty, named for the blatant baring of the soft underbelly. Note the curling of the back paws.

And last, but not least, the difficult Chew Toy, a tribute to the twisty rawhide pet treats.

Ahhhh. I feel much better. Of course, the actual pictures were taken in much sunnier weather. I believe my Librarian was enjoying the morning by drinking tea on the front stoop when she was inspired by my dedication to the practice. Sometimes she even tries to stretch. I would add a deprecating remark here, but she has the key to the catnip.

3 comments:

abigail said...

Dear Fatty Kitty,
Your yoga poses are wonderful. I am envious of your ability to stretch. I only stretch like that when the male servant holds me in his arms. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM it feels good.
Love,
Abigail

laurenm said...

Fatty Kitty, when I saw your post I was reminded of a very good book on Yoga for cats which I saw last time I was browsing in the bookstore. I couldn't remember the name of it so I searched Amazon.com for "yoga for cats". There is an impressive array of books available on this topic!

PJ the Fatty Kitty said...

laurenm, you are the first on my list of fabulous librarians. I never imagined a yoga book especially for the Cat. I will direct my librarian to place some on hold as quickly as possible...after my nap.
Snoozingly Yours, Fatty Kitty