Sunday, March 9, 2008

In Which: Fatty Kitty has a 2.0 Experience

Consider the dignified kitty:
while resting on a sun-drenched cushion may be quite enjoyable, it is hardly intellectually stimulating. When my Librarian logged onto the Library 2.0 wiki, I became intrigued, and finally enamoured.

I found out about mashups. What a bunch of fun things there are to do out there. I am now totally addicted to playing on my Librarian's computer. YouTube – I can finally watch the Sesame Street Martians whenever I want. They are so deliciously pounceable. Yip, yip, yip, yip, yiiiiip.

An unintended and surprising consequence: my Cat friends in Minnesota followed along on the wiki, and we went back and forth, discovering different things and sharing them. I'm still a little upset that they have better trading cards than I. Harumph.

I desired more familiarity and facility with the web, and the framework of the program allowed me to learn while playing. I would definitely try to participate in another program, if it didn't interfere with snoozing, eating, or my grooming regimen.

My librarian appeared to enjoy the program as much as I (at least the Martian part, anyway. She doesn't pounce, but she can be so juvenile.) While I found everything about the program delightful, she had one caveat. I will allow her a moment at the keys:

One thing: everyone I know who actually completed the challenge spent a significant amount of time doing it at home. Doing it at work as was suggested, was impossible. One hour a week when you’re learning new things and trying to incorporate them into a blog is a fantasy.

And that's all for now. Except for one thing. My Librarian and I both agree that we should celebrate finishing the Montana Library 2.0 Challenge with an entrancing little video, in which the Martians...well, you'll have to see for yourself. Caio, Fatty Kitty.





2 comments:

Stef said...

Smashing, FattyKitty, absolutely the best! Extreeeeeemely thoughtful of you to include more of the Martians' fine work on YouTube - I shall be wasting my time for weeks to come on these!!!
......now I have to find the "Mna- mna" videos.... [sp?]

Nancy said...

Dear FattyKitty,
I never saw the YipYip's before. Thank you for expanding the universe for me.
Nancy