Friday, March 7, 2008

In Which: librarykitty visits Columbia Falls Library and meets a Crocodile and a Rat

Hello! Fatty Kitty is pretending to nap, but I know he's really keeping one eye open on me while I play on his blog. I have so much to tell you!

Fatty Kitty's librarian (she is fabulous!) took me with her to the Columbia Falls branch of the Flathead County Libraries yesterday. And guess what! They have a crocodile in their children's department! If you don't believe me, just look at this:


I am snarling ferociously at that crocodile - that's why he had to let me go. I was brave.
But that's not all. I also met the library rat, Ariel.


She was sweet, and a little tickly. It's the whiskers. I'll bet Columbia Falls is the only library in the whole world that has a rat. Rats make pretty good pets for a library, and a lizard might be nice, too.

In the Columbia Falls branch, you can think of a name for a bass (that's a kind of fish, but it didn't smell like a fish) and win a prize, or go to storyhour (and sit by the crocodile) or see Ariel sit on the librarian's shoulder.
There's even an eagle to look at in a glass case. It was being ferocious too, and the picture got fuzzy. I think my paws were shaking. But he's stuffed, so he couldn't get me. Still, it was exciting to be so close to a stuffed eagle.
Fatty Kitty says he wouldn't be afraid, but then, he is so much fat...um..larger than I am. Aren't you, Fatty Kitty?

No comments: